our mission to serve you
The Mission of the Lindsay-Strathmore Irrigation District is to protect, enhance, and manage the District’s water and energy resources and related assets to benefit its growers, its residents, the community, and the region it serves through outstanding customer service, commitment to quality, and leadership in the water resources industry.
over 100 years of service
The District was established under the 1887 Wright Irrigation Act on October 25, 1915. Formation was needed to raise capital to bring a secure source of water to the District. The original dry land acreage was converted to citrus through the years as surface water supplies became more available to growers, such as through the Central Valley Project.
The District maintains over 100 miles of underground, pressurized steel, and plastic pipelines serving 400 family farms and nearly 1000 homes. The District currently employs 17 full-time employees with the responsibility of serving irrigation and household water 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Lindsay-Stathmore Irrigation District prides itself on providing a stable, reliable water service to the nearly 12,500 acres of citrus and other permanent crops within District boundaries.